Monday, December 24, 2012

Quiche…

Double Recipe Day!
My son, Tyler does not really care for eggs. He will eat them, but could care or less if they are on his plate. I have been craving quiche for a while, and decided I would make it Saturday for breakfast. It has been over a decade, since I made my last one. My husband does not care for it, so I just haven’t made one.
I had four of the mozzarella sausage balls left, so I chopped them up and used them in my quiche instead of cooking bacon or more sausage.
I made the standard 9-inch pie and when breakfast was over there was only one slice left. I had one and my non-egg loving son ate the other six slices. Ty told me “wow this is so good; you have to put this on the blog.” I laughed and told him it was not a recipe I came up with; quiche has been around for a little bit.
 For the crust, I cheated and used a frozen one, and pre-cooked it to the manufacture instructions. Like I have said before, I can make a piecrust but it is not pretty.
Ingredients:
5 eggs
2 cups grated Swiss cheese
1 ½ cups whipping cream
1 small onion, diced
4 mozzarella sausage cheese balls / or half a cup of bacon or ground sausage
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F
In small skillet sauté onion in butter until translucent
In a bowl whisk eggs and whipping cream until frothy
In bottom of cooked piecrust spread evenly onions, sausage and cheese
Pour egg mixture into the crust until the mixture just reaches ¼ inch from the top of the crust.
Cook in oven for 40 minutes, until firm
Cool 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment